Promised Land

Gently you surround me and compel me overseas,
I’m not sure what I’ll do,
But I’ll let you pull me to my dreams.

You surround me and compel me overseas,
A foreign land that I’ve been drawn to since birth,
I can no longer resist its magnetic force.

You surround me and compel me overseas,
So I’m torn from my native tongue and family,
I won’t let it discourage me tho I’m weeping on my knees.

I will not give away my will to tragic things,
But you surround me and compel me overseas,
Mystery and adventure await me naturally.

I’ll trust you and believe
I’ll let my heart drift and follow you
Because you’re a part of me and you compel me overseas.

I’ll catch a plane and soar
With my beloved next to me
Because you surround me and compel me overseas.


--Tiya Booker 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ch. 4: The Meal with the Watchers (The Watcher of Many Wonders)

The Watcher of Many Wonders Chapter 3: Meeting Zion

The Watcher of Many Wonders Ch. 2 The Spiritual Attack