Moonlight






Moonlight melts into my closed room
enveloping my entire being.
I can do nothing but stare at the source
as still as a statue.

My glassy eyes reflect the stars. My bare arms hug my knees
as I sit in an oversized shirt (almost hiding my swollen belly)
by the open window on my naked nightstand by the bed.
Various belongings, like my alarm clock and Bible, are thrown on the floor,

Even my spit bottle. My head heavy with regret rests on the window frame
as I watch the illuminated clouds, high in the sky, slowly pass their elder.
Sweat gathers at my temples
even though it’s rather cool for a September night in Virginia.

I don’t bother to wipe it away
but let the stirring wind cool me down.
Silently I beg God to stop time, but hours continue to drift by.

Soon the night sky fades away to make room for the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ch. 4: The Meal with the Watchers (The Watcher of Many Wonders)

The Watcher of Many Wonders Chapter 3: Meeting Zion

The Watcher of Many Wonders Ch. 2 The Spiritual Attack