The Vision of Many Wonders Ch. 1 Part 2

                                                 The Vision of Many Wonders

                                                The Vision Ch. 1 Part 2
Image result for jennifer lawrence brown hair

The crape myrtle blossoms in the front of the Shop of Many Wonders captures my gaze, but my thoughts are consumed in a daydream. Another vehicle passes in front of the shop so my head pops up, but my eyes follow the vehicle continue down Truth Avenue. I fiddle with the purple helm of the East African dress that my older sister, Monica, had recently made for my 18th birthday. Monica laughs as she passes me carrying a basket with silk, scissors and other supplies.
“Why are you so anxious for another visitor?” she asks. “Take a rest while you can.” She’s right. Noontime rush just past and visitors are sprawled throughout the grounds. Some are swimming, some are exploring the breathtaking gardens, some are praying in our outside encounter rooms. Our two homeless regulars have already come in for free lunch at our dining hall. Holy Spirit reminds me of my midnight encounter.
“I had an out-of-body experience with Jesus last night.” I finally blurt out. She pauses and raises her pink eyebrow at me. “I know you’re used to getting caught up to heaven and being shown the designs there, but it was my first experience like that. Jesus told me to watch out for the girl he wants me to train to do our Father’s business,” I excitedly explain. I restrain myself from telling Monica the rest of what he said—that the girl is destined to take my overseer position at the shop so that I can leave the country. I clutch at the clear stone on my bosom. That information is still too stunning to reveal.
Monica chuckles and puts down her basket so she can hug and kiss me on both my cheeks. “That’s great. I always knew the Lord was going to take you on a wonderful journey.”
“Thanks Monica,” I say glowing with encouragement. “Tu est une bonne soeur (You are a good sister).”
Merci beaucoup (thanks a bunch). Tu est aussi (You are too),” Monica replies but her grey eyes travel down my neck and frowns at my new necklace. She lifts it up from my neck to inspect it closer.
“It’s beautiful. This is surreal--a flawless diamond.” She looks up and smiles knowingly at me.
“I know. I got it from—”
“Shh. I don’t even have to ask. To God be the glory,” she beams and turns to pick her basket back up.
“Amen to that.”  
“I can’t be late to my fashion club, so see ya in a few sis.” Monica says waving on the way out the side door.
“Alright say hi to your friends for me. Et reviens bientot s’il te plait (And come back soon please)” I say.
D’accord (Okay),” is her response before the door shuts. I sigh. I want Monica to stay longer to keep me company and practice French a bit more. She’s already fluent since she came back from a semester studying abroad in Paris, but I haven’t had many people to practice with during the four months she was gone. I kind of miss high school already, but I’m still happy that my time at Gateway Public School has come to an end. Evidently I have a new chapter of my life to start. Although I might’ve been in a slightly more advantageous position if I had gone to Consuming Fire Music School. The familiar twinge of regret knots in my stomach.
A little while after Monica’s latest self-driving car disappears on the road to the Kings Crossing University library, Holy Spirit prompts me to raise my head. A dingy, manual car goes through the open gates and rolls in our driveway. A teenage girl steps out the driver’s side.
I move behind the checkout counter, so I can push the button to unlock the door for her. The bell rings as the cedar door slowly opens and the brown-haired girl guardedly enters the shop. Her bubbly eyes that have dark bags under them cautiously scan her new environment.
“Welcome to the Shop of Many Wonders,” I smile at her.
“Thanks,” she says continuing to search the grand shelves in the check out room. Her attention is turned to some of the artwork of God’s world called Heaven displayed on the walls particularly the one of the blue star of David that has “God and Man as One forever” inscribed on it.
“Her name’s Chrissy Carter. She’s the one we’ve chosen, Holy Spirit whispers in my spirit.
“Alright. Thanks,” I answer back through my spirit. Chrissy inspects the suggested price of some of the colorful prayer beads and necklaces that the housekeeper had made. She continues to look around.
“Can I help you with anything Chrissy?” I ask. She quickly turns towards me from the row where the bottles of holy water, essential oils and anointing oil are kept.
“How do you know my name?” she asks with wonder and maybe a slight glitch of fear on her face. I shrug and brush my shoulder-length natural hair from my face as I move toward her.
“My best friend told me. What brought you here?”
“I had a dream last night,” she said stuffing her hands in her back jean pockets. “An angel of the Lord told me to pack up my stuff from my trailer. Then he gave me directions to this place and told me to leave at 12pm so I’d get here at 3pm. He said it was a safe space. I nod, impressed and amazed at how precise God operates.
“You look pretty young to be on your own. Where’s your parents?” I hesitantly ask.
She stares at her tennis shoes for a moment then takes a breath and makes eye contact with me again. “Both dead. My dad was martyred on a mission trip when I was young kid. My Mom had lead a lot of occult members in Hopewell to the Lord Jesus. The true leader of this occult was from out of town so we never saw him. But I know he paid an assassin to murder my mom a few months ago and made it look like an accident. The landlord was going to kick me out any day.” Her eyes shine with tears until they spill across her freckled cheeks. My heart reaches out to her, so I hug her.
“I’m so sorry that you went through all of that.” I rub soothing circles on her back. “Is the occult still after you?”
“I think so. That’s why God gave me that warning dream.” I earnestly look in the poor girl’s tired eyes with my hand on her shoulder.
“I’ll do everything I can to protect you,” I promise.
“Thanks,” she says with gratefulness and relief permating her voice.
“I’ll have to double check with my parents but I’m sure you can stay here for now if you would like. Do you want to be my intern at the Shop of Many Wonders?” I offer. Shock shifts her facial features. “Don’t worry your reward is abundant.”
“It’s not about the money,” she laughs. “We just met. I don’t know much about you and you certainly don’t know much about me. From what I can see this place is very spiritual and holy and I might not measure up.”
“Jesus lead you to come here for a purpose. I was scared when Jesus asked me to take you under my wing at first too. I’ve only been the shop overseer for a few months. I feel like I’m just a beginner who’s finally beginning to understand the basics about the spirit realm, but God works in mysterious ways. They made our paths cross to further our destinies. Do you accept the call?” I ask her holding out my hand sincerely. Her expression melts from uncertainty to determination.
“I accept.” She shakes my hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ch. 4: The Meal with the Watchers (The Watcher of Many Wonders)

The Watcher of Many Wonders Chapter 3: Meeting Zion

The Watcher of Many Wonders Ch. 2 The Spiritual Attack